- Recycle San Diego is committed to the prevention of pollution by taking into consideration the efficient use of materials and resources for proper business operations.
- Recycle San Diego commits to the prevention of pollution by conducting certain activities and providing services as well as products while utilizing equipment in a manner that reduces waste and improves the transfer of recyclable material from one environmental medium to another.
- Recycle San Diego commits to the prevention of pollution by conducting down stream due diligence for materials that are shredded, destroyed, recycled or re-purposed.
- Recycle San Diego commits to providing the community with quality services to reuse, reduce, and recycle electronic waste.
- Recycle San Diego commits to providing customers with a recycling chain of custody that is secure and complies with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Recycle San Diego shall provide adequate personnel, organization, technological, and financial support to create and maintain an environmentally, health, and safety conscious operation.
- Recycle San Diego shall educate and train employees to perform job duties in an environmentally responsible and safe manner.
- Recycle San Diego shall communicate the Environmental, Health & Safety Management Systems policy to all persons working under the control of the organization.
Health & Safety Commitment
- Recycle San Diego is committed to the prevention of injury and illness for all persons working for or on the behalf of Recycle San Diego as well as for all customers and visitors at the facility.
- All persons at Recycle San Diego must wear all the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the areas and activities they will encounter at the facilities.
- All persons working for or on the behalf of Recycle San Diego must follow all occupational health and safety requirements and adhere to applicable training while performing activities at the facility.
- All machines and equipment are regularly serviced and in good working order and condition.
- Recycle San Diego maintains an emergency preparedness and response plan in conjunction with relevant authorities.
- Recycle San Diego is committed to the continual improvement to health & safety performance.
- Recycle San Diego is committed to continual improvement and shall cultivate a work environment that focuses on environmental, health, and safety consciousness among all persons working at the facility.
Legal & Other Requirements
- Recycle San Diego shall conduct business in observance of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recycle San Diego shall comply with other requirements accepted by the Operations Manager and detailed in the Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System policy applies to all persons working for or on behalf of Recycle San Diego.
Since Recycle San Diego does not have authority over functions performed by downstream vendors the policy does not apply to those entities.
Approved By: Jeffrey Harding
Title: Operations Manager
Approved On: 10/01/2012
Updated On: 3/31/2014